Bowdon Badgers 2 - Bowdon Killer Bees 4
Bit of a summary here as Mr Cooper may yet come up with
Highlights would include;
- Dave Philips opening goal
- Giles open play goal
- My penalty corner goal
- Giles second goal
- I took out their captain in the first few minutes when he got in the
way of a better-than-average lash up the pitch from moi
- They played the rest of the first half with ten men! (We didn't notice,
which is quite embarrassing!)
- Ian James abandoned us to coach the Badgers at half time, and never
came back on for us leaving us down to ten. V kind of him to play in
the first place mind you...
- The Badgers sneaked on an extra player in the second half so we played
against 12 (again we never twigged)
- Jonny in goal for us, as I told him the helmet would protect his stitches
- Two fantastic goals from the Badgers
- Their manager alleged that we 'went easy on them' in the 2nd half.
I enlightened him by explaining that we were buggered & most of
us could barely walk!